Ukulele recomendations

1. 10 months ago

Hi,

Fancy trying the Ukulele section of this app - currently level 5/6 on guitar.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Ukulele`s with a pickup if possible available in the UK?

I have large hands - if that makes any difference :?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Jack

2. 9 months ago
    Deleted 9 months ago by Ntevi
  3. @Ntevi Hi,

Fancy trying the Ukulele section of this app - currently level 5/6 on guitar.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Ukulele`s https://waveadvice.com/soprano-ukeleles/ with a pickup if possible available in the UK?

I have large hands - if that makes any difference :?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Jack

any advices?

4. 7 months ago

If you have large hands and already play the guitar you might want to look into a Kala KA-BE Mahogany Electro Acoustic Baritone Ukulele. Click on this link for a UK vendor.

In order to find the right size of ukulele, you need to tuck it into your inner elbow and your curved fingers on that arm should reach to the top of the body where the neck connects. Chances are if you have bigger hands you will need a bigger scale instrument like a tenor or baritone.

I am contemplating going baritone solid body electric. I don't need to buy one. I can just change strings on the mandola I converted to an 8 string tenor ukulele over to baritone strings. The scale is between the tenor and baritone size so would work either way. It just wouldn't be a four string. The next string change I need to do it may happen. LOL

5. @Ntevi Why would you want a ukulele from the UK if you live in the USA? Customs is a real bear. I've been through that nightmare. You have a ukulele store 45 minutes south of you.

6. Hi, can you recommend a ukulele for a guy who's been playing regular guitar for 6 years and now is looking for to try a different string instrument?

7. Recommendation list of best uke for beginners with buying guide. Hope this help

8. 3 months ago

@alanj84 Hi, can you recommend a ukulele for a guy who's been playing regular guitar for 6 years and now is looking for to try a different string instrument?

If you don't want to spend a ton of money but still want to get a good beginner uke , I'd recommend Lohanu, Donner, and Hricane. I've owned them all and for the money (under $100) they're pretty tough to beat.

9. last week

The recommendation list of best ukulele for beginners with buying guides. Hope this help

If need to buy the best ukulele you can read any blogs from top expert. But consider to borrow ukulele before buy,

10. Edited last week by musikshoppen

Hi Jack,
    I agree with the two above. If you are a beginner, you don't have to invest more than $100 (even less..) for an ukulele in order to test it out and to see if it fits your hand.
    However, you question when you have large hands.. Probably go for a Tenor ukulele. Where Soprano is "know" for smaller hands and Concert for medium/large hands.

Best of luck

Ida // http://musikshoppen.dk/

or Sign Up to reply!