Last active 7 months ago
Figured it out. It is the IP address. When I look at things from work, no issues. When I look at them from home, the words are greeked (x’d). I think whatever code is checking the locale is not handling Comcast IP addresses properly.
And my phone worked because I turned off WiFi and was using cellular instead.
One more point - this evening I was looking up a song on the iPad (“Me and Magdalena”) using the search. I was able to read the words. Then I put the iPad to sleep. When I woke up, some of the words were X’d out. Just strange.
There are no lyric lines that are not x’d out. It’s not repeating.
There are songs that do not have that issue, others that do.
I am having the same issue, too, on my iPad Pro, but I don’t have this issue on my iPhone. I am in the USA (haven’t been out of the country).