What ukulele concerts have you been to?

1. 4 years ago

thongar

19 Sep 2012 Moderator

What the subject says!

(I have yet to go to one ).

2. None!!! *hanging head in shame*
    But i'd love to see James Hill live!

3. I was lucky enough to see Jake Shimabukuro play in Cleveland this summer. What a show

I dragged along some others who had never heard of him. Afterwards they told me they did not know what to expect from a solo ukulele performer, but it sure wasn't that!

My son went with us. He loved the show. Afterwards he got to meet Jake. (Me too!) About a week later he decided to buy a guitar and start taking lessons. I think Jake helped inspire him.

[attachment=1]Jake and us.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Caleb and Jake.JPG[/attachment]

4. thongar

20 Sep 2012 Moderator

"shugabella" None!!! *hanging head in shame*
    But i'd love to see James Hill live!

Same! We haven't had any ukulelists(?) perform concerts here, which is why I haven't had a chance to go to one.

Thanks for sharing that Pootsie!

5. Well technically, no. But I have seen someone preform in front of a crowd of like 500, maybe more. No one known, and it wasn't her concert, she just preformed...probably doesn't count, but it was still good!

And Pootsie, that's pretty cool!!!

6. Got to see Jake at Margaritaville in Waikiki. Got to meet him before the show. He even had his brother Bruce come up and play.

7. Unfortunately, none. I would love to have seen Eddie Vedder play though...

8. 2 years ago

I went to see Jake Shimabukuro live in Billings, MT. *Mind blown!*

9. I saw the ukulele orchestra of great britain. To be honest I was a bit disappointed. Most of the music they played was so old I couldnt recognise it; some of it was from the 1920s. Of the music I did recognise, a lot wasnt to my taste; Adele etc. The audience was a sea of silver hair,some of which had never seen head banging before.

The play along song in the middle was some shit from the 1940s. I think there was only two people there (out of around 10k) that knew it and could play along with it.

They did play a couple of songs that I was hoping to hear, but they were no different than what I had seen on youtube. I had to bargain with my wife for a day pass to go.

I left early.

10. 9 months ago

Walk off the Earth - amazing use of the uke

11. 7 months ago

twenty one pilots,, in april

12. So bummed that I haven't yet. Jake or Jim would need to come to Erie or Pittsburgh. Erie would be best. ***Hint Hint***

13. 2 months ago

Have seen Jake twice. We are lucky he has come to Billings, MT a couple times. IN 2015 and 2017.

14. 2 weeks ago

None, however, i have seen Tyler Joseph of twenty one pilots play it 3 times live

or Sign Up to reply!