DOCTOR WHO!

1. 7 years ago

Oh it's that time of year again! The new season of Doctor Who is coming today! If you aren't excited, you aren't a whovian! Get ready for the 50th anniversary! GERONIMO!

Tell me what episode you started with! I'm interested!
    My first one was with the 9th Doctor, Chris Eccleston, called Rose
    Tell me your stories of DW.
    How long have you been watching?
    TALK!

2. I saw pieces of the series long before I actually became a fan. But the first episode i clearly remember was the one with Christopher Eccelston (who I still refer to as the Mean Doctor) and Rose. It was the "Are you my mummy?'' episode. Very creepy of course!

But my favorite eps are: The one with the Cat hospital and that lady whos just a sheet of skin (hilarious and sad). Blink (soooo creepy and such a clever defeat. So entertaining despite the lack of David Tennant which speaks volumes about the great writing) and the two parter with the Silence (Very smartly written. another one where you say 'how can they be defeated?')

3. "shugabella" I saw pieces of the series long before I actually became a fan. But the first episode i clearly remember was the one with Christopher Eccelston (who I still refer to as the Mean Doctor) and Rose. It was the "Are you my mummy?'' episode. Very creepy of course!

But my favorite eps are: The one with the Cat hospital and that lady whos just a sheet of skin (hilarious and sad). Blink (soooo creepy and such a clever defeat. So entertaining despite the lack of David Tennant which speaks volumes about the great writing) and the two parter with the Silence (Very smartly written. another one where you say 'how can they be defeated?')

The Empty Child is "are you my mummy". I watched that one in a dark room at night. NOT A SMART IDEA. But that was the same for Blink. I thought I learned my lesson! I think Christopher Eccleston wasn't mean, I think he just wasn't used to sparing anyone. He like the idea of justice. But I think Rose helped him see that you can spare someone and have justice. That's what the companions do for The Doctor. He needs them. Not just because he's lonely.
    And I think I prefer Rory over Amy as well. Besides, he has AWESOME nicknames (Beaky, Rory the Roman, the last Centurian, Roricus Pondicus, etc.)!
    He's a cool dude.
    Good choice in your favorite episodes, might I add?
    My favorites are The Empty Child, Blink, the Wedding of River Song, Let's Kill Hitler, and others from the 6th season.

4. Know what I really love about Dr Who? The way they managed to remake it and keep the spirit the same. Back in the old days, those horrible old BBC special effects had people hiding behind their couches because it felt so real. Nowadays we're all desensitised and special effects are commonplace, but damned if things like the empty child and the weeping angels don't have us hiding anyway! The guys in charge of the new Dr Who should really, really be proud of their efforts.

Think my first doctor would have been one of the black and white guys, but the first one I remember (some years later) was Tom Baker. Eccleston and Tennant are pretty magnificent, haven't seen any of the new guy yet.

Big love for DW <3

5. "Zer0bandit" Know what I really love about Dr Who? The way they managed to remake it and keep the spirit the same. Back in the old days, those horrible old BBC special effects had people hiding behind their couches because it felt so real. Nowadays we're all desensitised and special effects are commonplace, but damned if things like the empty child and the weeping angels don't have us hiding anyway! The guys in charge of the new Dr Who should really, really be proud of their efforts.

Think my first doctor would have been one of the black and white guys, but the first one I remember (some years later) was Tom Baker. Eccleston and Tennant are pretty magnificent, haven't seen any of the new guy yet.

Big love for DW <3

The "new guy" was voted best Doctor in the DWM.
    He is really something!
    True that the episodes can be QUITE creepy! But those are my favorites!
    The Impossible Planet/ Satan Pit, The Empty Child, Blink, Silence in the Library/ the Forest of the Dead, ETC!
    It's the writers at their best.
    However, can't say the same for the newest episode.
    It felt like I'd seen it a MILLION times in different forms and characters.
    I just hope that the next episodes won't disapoint.
    Maybe Moffat's losing his touch.
    And maybe I'm wrong...
    Only time will tell

6. I thought he looked like a bit of a hipster fop, but my parents tell me he grows on you. My problem is largely not having a TV at all- and while there's always places to plunder that kind of thing on the high seas of the internet, my downloads are limited too. Sucks.

7. "Zer0bandit" I thought he looked like a bit of a hipster fop, but my parents tell me he grows on you.

Yeah, I hated him when he first started as the doctor, but most of that was my 'You're-Not-David-Tennant" syndrome. He did grow on me, especially once the writing improved. But I really like him now! You should definitely check him out, although as a fair warning, it took the writers a while to 'get settled' to how they were gonna write the new doctor and his plots. (Just my opinion)

8. "shugabella"

"Zer0bandit" I thought he looked like a bit of a hipster fop, but my parents tell me he grows on you.

Yeah, I hated him when he first started as the doctor, but most of that was my 'You're-Not-David-Tennant" syndrome. He did grow on me, especially once the writing improved. But I really like him now! You should definitely check him out, although as a fair warning, it took the writers a while to 'get settled' to how they were gonna write the new doctor and his plots. (Just my opinion)

He's just goofy!
    He's an AWESOME Doctor though!
    I do agree though, I was sad when David Tennant left, but I was glad to see a new face.

9. Sigh! New season? A LITTLE dissapointed.
    But the fall season finale was SPECTACULAR!
    Gimme your thoughts on the season?

10. I was a lil depressed after the Finale. Im gonna miss Rory soooooo much! I always hated the weeping angels (only cuz theyre terrifying) but I thought that last episode was great! It was DEFINITELY waaaay better than the last weeping angel ep (the one with the forest and the soldiers).

I loved the part with the statue of Liberty, that bit was great!

I KNEW that angel in the graveyard was up to no good! I was still pissed when Rory got touched tho. And i was really proud of Amy for sacrificing everything to be with him again.

I hated that Rory two more times in that ep. (That brings the total ''Rory deaths'' to like 50 or something. LOL!)

I thought it was a fitting finale for the Ponds despite some parts where i said "why the heck would he/she do that?!"

And those baby angels (and the giggling) were uber creepy!

11. "shugabella" I was a lil depressed after the Finale. Im gonna miss Rory soooooo much! I always hated the weeping angels (only cuz theyre terrifying) but I thought that last episode was great! It was DEFINITELY waaaay better than the last weeping angel ep (the one with the forest and the soldiers).

I loved the part with the statue of Liberty, that bit was great!

I KNEW that angel in the graveyard was up to no good! I was still pissed when Rory got touched tho. And i was really proud of Amy for sacrificing everything to be with him again.

I hated that Rory two more times in that ep. (That brings the total ''Rory deaths'' to like 50 or something. LOL!)

I thought it was a fitting finale for the Ponds despite some parts where i said "why the heck would he/she do that?!"

And those baby angels (and the giggling) were uber creepy!

The weeping angels were my second favorite villain second only to the Daleks
    Now I hate them...and Moffat
    I totally called te statue of liberty being an angel
    Before it started and it showed the statue of liberty, I told my sister it was gonna be a weeping angel!! It was creepy!
    The angels werent even CLOSE to creepy compared to Blink!
    But the episode quickly became one of my favorites!
    And man did I CRY!!
    I'm gonna miss the ponds; beaky, the girl who waited, the boy who waited, roricus pondicus,
    the centurion, rory the roman. They were my favorites
    I thought the ending was bittersweet. Sad but not as sad as it could have been
    At least they got to live a full life
    And OF COURSE Amy outlived Rory! Tee hee I knew it!
    Well now I'm worried about the new companion
    Looks like another Martha companion
    Not happy bout that

12. 6 years ago

Phrases every doctor who fan knows to fear.

Don't Blink
    Are you my mummy?
    Count the shadows.
    Prisoner Zero has escaped.
    EXTERMINATE!
    DELETE
    Silence will fall.
    Hey, who turned out the lights?

If you can name anymore pleases add on to the list.

13. I just started watching this season and so far I'm lovin' it!

14. "HorseMask" I just started watching this season and so far I'm lovin' it!

I wish i could enjoy it as much as you do.
    Clara is sooooooo boring!(in my opinion) and i dont understand why, since she was sooo funny, bubbly, and entertaining in the Dalek Asylum ep and the Christmas ep. I dont feel like the writing has been that ''on point'' so far this season.

But by the same token I didn't really like the first chunk of Matt Smith eps when he first started (writing-wise). Still, It only took me a couple of eps to warm up to him as the Doctor. and like a whole season to warm up to Amy (since i thought she was an idiot at first). But Amy had a definite personality love it or hate it.
    But my issue with Clara is that she seems so dull. At least with other companions the reason i did or didn't like them was because of their characters personality. Clara seems to have lost any facet of the great personality she had in her first two eps of the series.

15. "shugabella"

"HorseMask" I just started watching this season and so far I'm lovin' it!

I wish i could enjoy it as much as you do.
    Clara is sooooooo boring!(in my opinion) and i dont understand why, since she was sooo funny, bubbly, and entertaining in the Dalek Asylum ep and the Christmas ep. I dont feel like the writing has been that ''on point'' so far this season.

But by the same token I didn't really like the first chunk of Matt Smith eps when he first started (writing-wise). Still, It only took me a couple of eps to warm up to him as the Doctor. and like a whole season to warm up to Amy (since i thought she was an idiot at first). But Amy had a definite personality love it or hate it.
    But my issue with Clara is that she seems so dull. At least with other companions the reason i did or didn't like them was because of their characters personality. Clara seems to have lost any facet of the great personality she had in her first two eps of the series.

Yeah totally agree with you there!
    I can't express my hate towards Clara. I just think she's pointlessly obnoxious. Like that one scene in Ice Warrior when she asked "How'd I do?" Like she even did anything!! OML. She just talked to the thing when the Doctor told her what to say. Shasdkgjh ah I just really, really hate her. And yes, agreed, she is dull. And I thought the whole point of her becoming a companion was so the Doctor would figure out her "mystery" but he's really getting far on that, huh?! Jesus.
    As for the episodes....they seem to be missing something. The monsters seemed almost irrelevant, as if the episodes would have been fine without them. The only two I've enjoyed (still not fully impressed with any of them recently, however) were the Rings of Akhaten and the Crimson Horror. The Crimson Horror was captivating and actually was, like, good (only because Gatiss wrote it. Thank God for that man, the show would be dead without him. Moffat sucks tbh).
    But all in all, the season is a big disappointment.
    ALSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! What are your opinions on the season finale?!?!
    I personally DO NOT want to know the name of the Doctor (subtle on the naming of the episode, Moffat). Geezzzzzzzzzz guys I'm worried. The whole POINT of the show is Doctor [i]who[/i]!!!!!!!!!!
    oh well. rant complete.

16. I just finished watching the Crimson Horror. it was a pretty good episode. But as usual Clara was a big yawn. I would say she makes episodes worse but any time she's not on screen, I forget she even exists. Matt Smith is clearly trying to engage her as an actress but she's just too low key (to put it nicely). they're trying to ram down our throats that she's special and a mystery, but it's gotten old for me.
    either give us a hint to her story line or just drop it. im starting to feel that Jenna Louise Coleman as an actress is in over her head.

But this past episode was pretty gud! the old villain lady was great and her daughter was a phenomenal actress.
    this season has been pretty blah otherwise. I'm not to upset about the writing cuz it seems like the writers always have a couple dud episodes to start off new companions. I'm sure it'll get better, but I'm not as optimistic about Clara.
    I'm hoping those kids make for an interesting episode since they might possibly have more personality for Matt to interact with.

im sure Moffat knows he'll be strung up if he reveals the doctors name, so I'm not even worried about that possibility. he probably just said that to create controversy and more publicity.

17. Did you hear about what Moffat's doing to screw up (all of Doctor Who) the 50th anniversary episode?!?

*Spoiler....? kind of*
    Well Moffat is writing in a new 9th Doctor (for no apparent reason) that "no one remembers"...Which MEANS that Eccleston will be the 10th Doctor, Tennant will now be the 11th Doctor, and Smith will be the 12th. (Again, for no apparent reason is he doing this...he just likes to complicate things, which usually makes it a lot harder to understand and justify and not to mention, it's annoying.)
    And the Doctor can only regenerate 12 times, so.....I have no idea why Moffat is rushing that because, obviously, Doctor Who is not going to end any time soon.

Moffat's gone mad with power...and I hate him...a lot.

18. Finally started on the fifth season! Yeah I'm way behind... or maybe way forward because time is just a big ball of wibely wobbly, timey wimey...stuff. BUt I have a lot to look forward to in the fifth and sixth season according to some friends. can't wait! Eccleston was great, Tennant was incredible, can't wait to see what Smith does. However, was it just me or did Tennant seem to get a bit unlikable in The End of Time Part 1 and 2?

19. "Molto bene" And the Doctor can only regenerate 12 times, so.....I have no idea why Moffat is rushing that because, obviously, Doctor Who is not going to end any time soon.

Moffat's gone mad with power...and I hate him...a lot.

That's probably just a "publicity making" rumor like him saying he was gonna reveal the doctors real name.
    Plus, There's no way they're gonna cancel Doctor Who unless the ratings crash which clearly isn't happening. It is Canon that the doctor can only do twelve regenerations, but while the show is doing so well, do Whovians really expect them not to have to change things "rules wise" to keep the show running? I think that twelve regenerations thingy will be changed with some secret loop hole (recently thought up by Moffat). I have no idea were he is going with the John Hurt plot tho... I just don't think he's really an actual regeneration of "The" Doctor. I think there's something else to him. I have a feeling he was billed that way just to confuse ppl.

20. Let's hope so!

And I also don't want Matt to leave. I wish he was staying at least one more season

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!