Is this you?

1. 6 years ago

I have noticed that ever since this forum has been put up, I'm spending WAY too much time on this website. Even more time than I spend on YouTube. AND THAT IS A SCARY THOUGHT! I SPEND A LOT OF TIME ON YOUTUBE. That and playing my ukulele and reading. I don't live on the internet...but I'm starting to! Is this good or bad...?

2. [deleted]

31 Aug 2012

Bad

3. Ha! That is hilarious! I have found that too, but my work prevents it once in a while.

Its bad if you are just looking because you have nothing else to do.

Its good that your hear to help and enhance your uke skills. After a while you will be so full of info you will just sit with your uke with no technology in site.

4. I tend to spend a lot of time online, either on forums of some sort or doing other things. I'd say the amount of time I spend here is pretty standard for me, which probably speaks to a problem of mine. Ah well, it's fun enough to talk to you guys that I'm not worried.

5. Ever since I noticed that the forums were up, I've been on here every day. It's addicting.

6. thongar

31 Aug 2012 Moderator

It's bad if it starts to overtake what you should be doing (e.g. work, study etc), but I don't think it's bad if you have nothing else to do.

7. "thongar" It's bad if it starts to overtake what you should be doing (e.g. work, study etc), but I don't think it's bad if you have nothing else to do.

Would that "etc." include, oh, I don't know ... actually practicing the ukulele?

I am guilty sometimes that my "practice" time includes a lot of webbernet surfing, but often I find something new and awesome to learn so it's all good.

As a political junkie and uke lover I spent about two hours last night practicing a finger-picking song while watching the political speeches (we have a little election-thingy coming up soon here in the USofA).

So two hours of +

but I made good progress and hope to share the song with y'alls soon!

8. It's all about the space phone. I can check in wherever I go, and chat about the ukulele. The problem is becoming that I check in everywhere I go.

9. thongar

1 Sep 2012 Moderator

"pootsie"

"thongar" It's bad if it starts to overtake what you should be doing (e.g. work, study etc), but I don't think it's bad if you have nothing else to do.

Would that "etc." include, oh, I don't know ... actually practicing the ukulele?

I am guilty sometimes that my "practice" time includes a lot of webbernet surfing, but often I find something new and awesome to learn so it's all good.

As a political junkie and uke lover I spent about two hours last night practicing a finger-picking song while watching the political speeches (we have a little election-thingy coming up soon here in the USofA).

So two hours of +

but I made good progress and hope to share the song with y'alls soon!

Yes, it would include that! I count playing the ukulele as 'something I shouldn't be doing often' though - just because I've always got a ton of homework/other things I should focus on instead of practicing ukulele. It's fun and all, but I tend to play the uke when I want to procrastinate. (Not long til holidays though!).

10. I won't be on as often when [color=#800000]school[/color] comes back

11. ummmmm... noooooo! im never on this site!.... Im not addicted at all I swear!!!

Did anyone buy that?

12. "shugabella" ummmmm... noooooo! im never on this site!.... Im not addicted at all I swear!!!

Did anyone buy that?

Yeah, seemed believable enough.

13. Totally

Me, too

14. No, you're not lying AT ALL!

15. Forums are a bit like that. So much for people to do and look at and comment on!

or Sign Up to reply!