Converting Songs to the Ukulele

1. 7 years ago

I have been working on a cover that is in standard tuning on a guitar, that didn't go on to the ukulele right. The notes decend (D, C, A#) but the way you play it means you have to go high on the A# if you use the low C. It just didn't sound right when it's on a ukulele.

For reference, the song is "Right Where It Belongs" by Nine Inch Nails. I learned to play it on guitar pretty easily, and can play it exactly like the original (with a delay pedal), but I wanted to play it on the ukelele. It didn't seem right to me to turn the notes into chords like the tab on this site shows either, but I think I figured it out.

I played the chords instead of the low notes, but still kept all the accent notes true to the original, and it seems to work. It's almost like I had to re-write the song to play it on the ukelele. I'm really not a fan of changing key from the original, even though it is an option. Now the way I play it is different from the original, but is true enough to pass as the original.

Has anyone else had to re-write a cover to play it on the ukulele?

2. Sounds like some hard work. Did you post your tab?

3. "ukebeast17" Sounds like some hard work. Did you post your tab?

Not yet. I want to get it down before I go through the trouble. Plus I haven't been on a computer in a few days. It's one thing to use the forum with my space phone, but it is considerably more work to tab songs on my phone. It'll be the next tab I post.

4. what also often works is to change the tuning of the uke. ive used that quite a bit. so just tune your C-string down to a A#. but then of course you also have to play that string two frets higher for ALL the chords so it can get a bit annoying, but i think sometimes its worth it

all the best
    Tilman

5. I figured this song out and I posted the tab. I would really like it if you guys rated it and gave me some feedback. Here is the link:

http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/uke-songs/pink-floyd/fearless-uke-tab-24561.html

6. thongar

21 Sep 2012 Moderator

"BeZo" I have been working on a cover that is in standard tuning on a guitar, that didn't go on to the ukulele right. The notes decend (D, C, A#) but the way you play it means you have to go high on the A# if you use the low C. It just didn't sound right when it's on a ukulele.

For reference, the song is "Right Where It Belongs" by Nine Inch Nails. I learned to play it on guitar pretty easily, and can play it exactly like the original (with a delay pedal), but I wanted to play it on the ukelele. It didn't seem right to me to turn the notes into chords like the tab on this site shows either, but I think I figured it out.

Strange, I played the song with the chords you put down (it's actually a favourite song of mine), and it sounds fine on the ukulele for me. Maybe I'll upload a cover for you when I finish with assignment stuff~
    I do like your interpretation of the notes though!

7. UT

26 Sep 2012 Administrator

did you try to you our Guitar to ukulele tab tool ?

It might help

8. 2 months ago
    Deleted 2 months ago by JimNFarmer
  9. 8 weeks ago
    Deleted 7 weeks ago by UT
  10. 7 weeks ago

LisaMDoherty

Jan 2 Suspended

Hello, I want to learn how to play the ukulele. Can anyone here please help me by sharing the video link through which I can learn ukulele. And also does anyone here has taken help from online essay writing service?

11. Deleted 2 weeks ago by UT

or Sign Up to reply!