Mgmt - Kids

1. 6 years ago

its sounds so beautiful!

anyone help me figure this out? looks like he starts with a Em then jumps to a G'm shape up on the 7th?

2. making some headway, trying to figure out the shape he has when he comes back down from the higher 7th fret, looks kinda like a bar G shape... but doesnt sound like it

3. well i've been working on this for a few hours now...

its basically the em,c,g,d progression picked, but you jump through three octaves in a weird sequence to help it go with the cadence of the vocals. oh and i should mention im adding a few more chord variations to give it even more full spectrum of balance

at the same time your picking the different chords your also doing the lead melody with the a and e string... which ill work on tommorow now that i've got all the chord progression shapes figured out over the fret board for the most part.

4. Sounds really good! The original song is on a synth or something isnt it? I have not heard it in a while.

5. thongar

18 Aug 2012 Moderator

This might help you out. It's more simplified (in terms of plucking/strumming/notes) than the link you gave - but they follow the same chords. Around 2:30 he goes through the note on the 7th fret to back down the ukulele.

Hopefully it helps a bit!

6. "massahwahl" Sounds really good! The original song is on a synth or something isnt it? I have not heard it in a while.

Synth and guitar. It sounds pretty good if you use a kazoo instead, though. True story.

or Sign Up to reply!