what size ukulele did you start playing on?

1. 7 years ago

I started on a soprano and since then I've bought a tenor and a guitalele (if that counts). But I'm still DETERMINED to have a baritone tuned highGCEA!

2. [deleted]

10 Aug 2012

No concert?

My first one was a tenor. After that I bought a concert, then a soprano, and the last one was a sopraan banjolele

3. "cowgod" No concert?

Nope! After I had my soprano for a while I immediately wanted a tenor. Turns out despite having chronic UAS :-), concert is the only size I'm not really ecstatic about.

4. I was a ukulele baby playing a soprano (:

5. Soprano. Then moved on and have owned and play all other sizes. My favourites I go to the most though are soprano and tenor.

6. I bought a Soprano first then bought a concert and have owned/sold a fair share of all sizes through the last few years but my favorite remains the concert. I have chubby fingers so its a lot easier to play for me and I love the sound of concerts. My least played is the baritone although I did a write a few songs on the baritone uke for my cd.

7. cobblers

12 Aug 2012 Moderator

My first was a concert..this one -image-

http://www.kalabrand.com/Instruments/SolidLacewood/SolidLacewoodDetailsPage.html
    but have a couple of sopranos just for messing around with and taking out to parties etc..

enjoy..

8. I started playing on a soprano about 1 and a half years ago. Since my birthday I'm also a proud owner of a tenor ukulele
    The 2 ukus were quite cheap so I'm wondering wether I should buy a more expensive and better one

9. First I played was a Tenor at a jam session class, then I got a Concert, and since got another concert, but the second concert broke, so I got another concert. I also ended up with a ubass if that counts. So I'm traditionally a fan of the concert. Not too big, not too small.

10. I started on a soprano.

11. thongar

13 Aug 2012 Moderator

Started on a soprano...then upgraded to a soprano electric.

This is my baby. :')

-image-

(For some odd reason, I rotated the image - but it won't upload the right way :|)

12. My first and only ukulele is a concert... LOVE IT!!

13. My first one was a Tenor Makala brand ukulele, then i got an electric soprano Mahalo brand ukulele when I got use to the tenor. I absolutely love my tenor sized ukulele, it has a nice sound to it

14. My first is a Lanikai LU-21T. A great size for my huge mitts and the tone is wonderful. It might cost more but it is well worth it.

15. I started on a Concert size Cordoba 10cm. I think that it is great for beginners and only $100. It sounds really rich, nice, and full.

16. Something I see online, that really annoys me - is the suggestion that as you improve player move up to bigger sizes. Wrong wrong wrong, and some of the most talented players I know revert back to sopranos.

Each to their own - each size has its place. There is no best size.

17. Definitely a baritone. i love it even though everyone thinks that it's a guitar.

18. "bazmaz" Something I see online, that really annoys me - is the suggestion that as you improve player move up to bigger sizes. Wrong wrong wrong, and some of the most talented players I know revert back to sopranos.

Each to their own - each size has its place. There is no best size.

that's true. Some equate bigger with experience. I personally started small and got bigger, but plenty of people prefer a soprano or even a sopranino over anything else. Its really just personal preference.

19. UT

19 Aug 2012 Administrator

Started on the soprano, but my favorite one is the concert !

20. "thongar" Started on a soprano...then upgraded to a soprano electric.

This is my baby. :')

Thats nice! Do u have any videos of your electric playing?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!