Chords Positions

1. 5 weeks ago
    Edited 5 weeks ago by MachTwang

Greetings. I have question regarding tab submissions.

I have noticed that all the chords displayed are in the first position only, is there a way to include chords in different positions? In example, Dm7 can be played 2213 first position or 5555 second position, both are Dm7 chords but that have a different voicing and that can make or break how the song sounds overall.

Is there a function to add alternate chords? I have a few songs I would like to post but they would require alternate chord positions other than those in first.

Answered by UT

See post in context

Hey @MachTwang !
    Thanks for submitting tabs. It is not possible to add a specific voicing in this version (it will in next version that should go live in early 2020), usually what other players do is they add this info at the top of the tabs.

thanks for your feedback ;)

2. UT

Oct 7 Administrator Answer
    Edited 5 weeks ago by UT

Hey @MachTwang !
    Thanks for submitting tabs. It is not possible to add a specific voicing in this version (it will in next version that should go live in early 2020), usually what other players do is they add this info at the top of the tabs.

thanks for your feedback ;)

3. Wow. Thanks for the prompt reply! I look forward to that feature.

4. UT

Oct 8 Administrator

You're welcome!
    Note that you will be able to select your chords from a list of pre-defined voicings as well (to make your selection easier). For this, we will use the positions available on our sister site about ukulele chords . And you'll be able to hear how chords sound on the new song page... among other awesome new features :)

Hope you will like it!

5. This sounds exciting, I can't wait.

or Sign Up to reply!