Playing the guitar is good for our brain. Is it true?

1. last year

Music can relieve and calm our mind and body. Then, I heard it too that playing the guitar is really good for the brain. Is it true? Some are recommending it as a part of their music therapy. I'd like to hear your opinion.

2. Playing the guitar has a lot of therapeutic benefits.

3. Hi, what other therapeutic benefits that you know that might help to calm our mind?

4. As far as I know, music therapy is recommended for people with anxiety and depression. It helps ignite creativity and helps in the communications between patients and their caregiver.

5. Edited last year by fieldcode

@warmblooded As far as I know, music therapy is recommended for people with anxiety and depression. It helps ignite creativity and helps in the communications between patients and their caregiver.

Thanks, I also found this site: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/depression similar to what you know about therapy and people with anxiety and depression.

6. 4 months ago

Yeah! learning any instrument is!.

7. Edited 4 months ago by Albertmichel

Hi!
    Why not? Firstly, it develops fine motor skills of the fingers. It develops your memory and hearing. Music has always positively influenced the brain; there are thousands of studies on this subject. Favorite activity stabilizes your mental and emotional state. I think playing musical instruments is the best solution for developing and preserving the youth of the brain.

8. Playing an instrument is the only activity from what I have read that stimulates both sides of your brain. Obviously, the creative side is, however, music is very mathematical. The Fibonacci sequence is all over it.

or Sign Up to reply!