am i the only bassest?

1. 6 years ago

*tumbleweed*

2. Nope! I am native to the long neck. I have an ESP 5-string and an Ibanez 4-string with Active Pickups J/humbucker split. I have not played much in recent years.

3. I 'm not a bassest, I have a couple bass guitars and have learned a few riffs off you tube.

4. I want to be a bassist so badly.

I actually tried learning the guitar first,
    but I ultimately failed.

I picked up a ukulele a year later, but I still want to play bass.

Maybe I can switch bass and uke through out my act.

5. I am a seasoned bassist. Stuart Spector and Ampeg all the way home, even though I've been gigging with a Carvin bass lately. It's weird going from such a long neck to such a little one, but I love my ukulele. If only I could play both at the same time!

6. it seems a twin neck uke/bass needs to be invented! 8 strings of pure melodic riffs and breathtaking thunderous notes...

7. I'm in the market for an electric ukulele at least. I don't mind the juggling act. It becomes part of the show. I already play bass and electric kazoo at once. What's another instrument?

8. All of you bassist may be interested in this - I personally have played one for a bit now, and it is much lighter and more convinient than a bass, while devilering wonderful sound quality - http://www.kalabrand.com/instrumentsU-bass.html

9. "Benpaco" All of you bassist may be interested in this - I personally have played one for a bit now, and it is much lighter and more convinient than a bass, while devilering wonderful sound quality - http://www.kalabrand.com/instrumentsU-bass.html

I played one of those and loved it. I still haven't picked one up yet though. I am loyal to my local music store, and tried to have them order on in before I went to the major chain to buy it. Unfortunately, they can not get me one, so I have to go to the major chain to get one. Unless I order one online, and that is always sketchy.

10. BeZo:
    You can order with cinfidence fom Mim's Ukes. She has an amazing selection, including ubass, and ensure a good setup for evey sale. She has earmed her great reputation and is a sweetheart to boot.

I owe her for a free case, so t

11. BeZo:
    You can order with cinfidence fom Mim's Ukes. She has an amazing selection, including ubass, and ensure a good setup for evey sale. She has earmed her great reputation and is a sweetheart to boot.

I owe her a favor for a free case, so tell her pootsie sent you!

12. Darn android ...

13. I started playing electric bass July 1965, bought a Fender Mustang Bass September 1966. Played bass at Fillmore Auditorium, Avalon Ballroom, the Matrix and many other gigs. Sold the Mustang in '72. Bought a Fender Performer in the mid-1980's, played it until I sold it and an American Standard Strat to buy a Dakota red American Vintage Fender reissue '62 Jazz Bass in 2001. I still play the Jazz Bass in an instrumental surf band, but also have a Danelectro 6-String Bass, an Hohner acoustic/electric bass, and with uke groups, a Kala fretless solid mahogany U-Bass.

14. thongar

11 Aug 2012 Moderator

No. I play bass every now and then.

15. I play bass too, In my band (not saying the name so i can stay anonymous)

16. I play bass, banjo (poorly) and now uke. I have an Ibanez SRX-400DSF and it has been a wonderful instrument.

17. I play uke, bass guitar, guitar, and a little bit of drums. I am interested in mandolin and banjo!

18. 5 years ago

Nope, me too and I also play guitar

19. Just took my Jazz Bass to the only tech I allow to adjust my bass (except me). I bought the bass more than ten years ago, changed the strings to flatwounds, did a complete setup, changed the pickguard to black (mint green on Dakota red was not to my taste), changed the strap buttons to black Dunlop straplocks, and have played it unchanged since. My band plays both indoors and a lot of outdoor gigs. The temperature changes have added a great deal of relief to the neck, making the string height unacceptable for fast play. Carol Kaye swears by Thomastik-Infeld flatwounds, stating not only do they last a long time, but their feel is softer with lighter tension. So I'm having Dave Lynch replace the Fender flatwounds with the Thomastik-Infeld, and have him do a complete setsup (without refinishing the frets... I find them needed only for the worst worn out fret... not my bass... yet).

Seven to ten days I must wait... almost as long as the kazoo I ordered... but no mailing wait time!

20. 2 years ago

Bass is my latest instrument.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!