intresting hobbies?

1. 7 years ago

anyone do anything cool (apart from uke-ing), inh their spare time? im a scuba diver and i build motorcycles and drag cars, well i would build bikes if i had any money to put into them!

2. I surf, paddleboard, and swim love to do anything that involves water... and of course PS3 thats a given

3. I have two blogs; a conventional, and a poetry.
    I write/draws cartoons (semi-animated comic strips).
    I'm working on three novels.
    I write short stories.
    I'm learning Esperanto; some consider that a hobby.

My job/hobby is freelancing.

4. [deleted]

6 Aug 2012

triathlon!

5. Open canoe paddler!

6. you watersports folk would love where i live, its all waterfalls, whitewater and fjords

7. Dang I live in Phoenix, AZ so I have to drive all the way to Cali if I wanna do water sports...(its worth it)

8. A few months ago I started Geocaching. You get to know lots of interresting and beautiful places and you can do it in nature. Very cool

9. Origami, trumpet, writing, and reading

10. I'm in the other camp, I think, of non-getting-off-the-couch hobbies. I knit, crochet, spin wool, do needlepoint sometimes (my favorite are the subversive kinds), read a lot, and write. As a matter of fact, right now I'm doing Camp National Novel Writing Month.

11. thongar

15 Aug 2012 Moderator

I also play drums, guitar, piano, violin, draw, and paint.

12. "jack410" A few months ago I started Geocaching. You get to know lots of interresting and beautiful places and you can do it in nature. Very cool

What?

13. I love to--

oh, you said BESIDES playing the ukulele...

14. Usually ukeing is my interesting hobby.

Um... I'm an acapella singer and I am trying to get into voice acting. Is that interesting? I don't know. I occasionally go to conventions and like to read about science. Or as I like to call it, SCIENCE.

15. I like to make chainmaille armor. It takes so much time to just make the rings and put them together, but it's worth it, because i get cool, functional armor (it's not like I need armor for anything, though).

16. scubabiker said

anyone do anything cool (apart from uke-ing), inh their spare time? im a scuba diver and i build motorcycles and drag cars, well i would build bikes if i had any money to put into them!

No way! This summer I got certified as a PADI certified Open Water Diver!

I also go mountain biking frequently in Vermont!

17. Is that Geochaching thing real?

18. Plein Air painting

19. Skiing, violin, guitar, accordian (in the slightest), I'm trying to write a novel (it's a slow process), I read probably too much about astronomy and other science-y things, I'm a nerdfighter (pro nerd), and probably various other things that I'm forgetting!

20. This seems like as good a place as any to introduce myself.

I am into cars, guitars, electronics and magic.

With cars, I am specifically interested in MOPARS (Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth and all of their past and present cousins.) I am building a 1969 Dodge Charger at the moment. A moment is a decade, right?
    I have a 1971 Chrysler NewYorker for fun right now and a 1968 Dodge Charger basket case hiding in a trailer waiting for a restoration.

For guitars, I've been playing for a long time and still don't know what I'm doing. So, to make up for that, I've turned into a bit of a gear hound. Low end to mid level stuff, but each one brings something differerent in terms of sound or playability. So, it aids in the search for my long lost talent.

Electronics right now means guitar effects pedals. I started building kits a while ago and I'm just starting to collect parts for scratch builds.

Magic is another talent I don't have but I do it anyway. Actually, I have a few tricks that I can pull off that still manage to freak people out, but I'm a long way from having a routine of any length. Time and practice will sort that out.

I have found that I am able to find chord progressions a lot easier on a ukulele. Maybe it's because I can make the changes easier, but I just find it all easier. That's why I came here to this forum.

Oh, and forums.. I run www.moparnuts.com and help administer www.markweinguitarlessons.com.

Hi!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!