Problem with tabs

1. 6 years ago

Hi everybody!I'm new in here and wondering why the text in the uke tabs is like :

C Em
    Somewhere xxxx xxx xxxxxxxx
    F C
    Way xx high
    F C
    And xxx dreams xxxx xxx xxxxxxx xxx
    G Am F
    Once xx x xxxxxxx

What's with the "x"s??

2. It's just the lyrics blocked out for copywrite reasons, at least I think so. Anyone correct me if I am wrong (:

3. Hey all,

I also don't get this (complete beginner here). The tabs don't look like tabs, they just show a chord over the lyrics not the four line tab you'd normally get. I don't understand how to play them. For example: http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/uke-songs/j ... -1124.html

C Em
    There's xx xxxxxxxxxxx of xxxxx
    Am G
    x xxxxx put xx xxx xxxx xx x postcard

I don't know how many times I strum the C before moving to Em and then to Am and so on. Do you just have to find your own rhythm? Why aren't the tabs like guitar tabs? I.e. :
    A|---------2--3---2h3p2-----------|
    E|-------3----0----------3/5------|
    C|-----2------0-------------------|
    G|---0--------0-------------------|

as shown on the 'how to read a tab' page? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks all

4. "Frankie_B" Hey all,

I also don't get this (complete beginner here). The tabs don't look like tabs, they just show a chord over the lyrics not the four line tab you'd normally get. I don't understand how to play them. For example: http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/uke-songs/j ... -1124.html

C Em
    There's xx xxxxxxxxxxx of xxxxx
    Am G
    x xxxxx put xx xxx xxxx xx x postcard

I don't know how many times I strum the C before moving to Em and then to Am and so on. Do you just have to find your own rhythm? Why aren't the tabs like guitar tabs? I.e. :
    A|---------2--3---2h3p2-----------|
    E|-------3----0----------3/5------|
    C|-----2------0-------------------|
    G|---0--------0-------------------|

as shown on the 'how to read a tab' page? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks all

This site takes copyright laws very seriously, and as such will not publish full lyrics or rhythms. To get the strumming patterns, you should look at the tab while listening to the song. The placement of the chords above the words is intentional and specific: it tells you when to SWITCH chords, in relation to the lyrics (which, again, are mostly blocked because of copyrights, but there should be enough actual words for you to follow).

That said, some of the tabs are written out like you would expect. When you search for songs, the results list includes descriptions of how it is written (chords or tabs). Hope that helps!

5. That's great, thank you for your reply. I figured that the lyrics were blocked due to copyright but didn't know rhythms were subject to the same laws, although that does make sense. Thanks very much for the info, I will get practicing!

or Sign Up to reply!