Need help choosing song.

1. 5 years ago

Hello All,

I'm going to be making a music video for my dad, revealing that I can play the Ukulele and I need to choose which song to use. I've only had an Uke for a couple months, but I practice all the time and have learned quite a few chords, how to "pick" and how to "chuck", or "slap" (I think it's called).

I'm hoping to find a song that incorporates chucking into it somewhere because I think it sounds really neat. The chords I know (right of hand) are: C, G, F, D, Am, Bb, Em, A, A7, Cm, C7, Cmaj7, Bm7, Dm, E7. That's all I can think of right now. I'm not perfect at playing all of those, but I do have them memorized and can play them, so I'd like to find a song using some of those.

I'm hoping for a song that kind of "shows off the Uke" and is a catchy or beautiful piece. I'm not looking for something that sounds best with singing, as I don't sing very well. So hopefully someone can point me to a song that's a nice instrumental, won't take me a year to learn and sounds best on an Uke. : )

Anyone have any ideas? If you need any more information let me know. I have a Kala Tenor Ukulele.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I look forward to your replies.

2. Hey buddy, I would recommend learning the song "Switzerland" by The Last Bison. It sounds REALLY cool on ukulele, and the singing isn't hard! Although, it does have some tough chords in it, but that's what I would recommend!

3. "Cramzable" Hey buddy, I would recommend learning the song "Switzerland" by The Last Bison. It sounds REALLY cool on ukulele, and the singing isn't hard! Although, it does have some tough chords in it, but that's what I would recommend!

Thanks very much for the suggestion, that sounds like a neat song! Unfortunately it does look like it has some hard chords, so it might be awhile before I learn it. I'm kind of in a hurry to do the video for my dad, because he's expecting it at the end of the month. :P Plus it's awfully hard to only be able to practice when he leaves the house, so I'd like to get the video done, so I can practice anytime! Right now I'm able to every other day or so for about 2 hours more or less.

Do you know that song on the Uke? I couldn't find any version of it played on one on Youtube....maybe you could do one.

Thanks again, I'll keep this one in mind.

Grace

or Sign Up to reply!