Chucking...?

1. 5 years ago

Can anybody tell me tips on how to chuck..? Youtube isn't really helping lol.

2. There is no easy way to describe how to chuck. It almost has to come naturally after hours of practice. It took me about two weeks to get the hang of it and even after playing for two years i struggle with rhythms lol maybe i just suck but try a regular up down up chuck routine until you are satisfied with the sound. like i stated earlier the more you practice the more you will get the hang of it

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation ... ZBlwVQO3A8

1:06

4. Like everything on learning any technique on any instrument, practice until you get the effect you like, then practice than until it seems natural and you can do it without thinking about it.

My favorite way to chuck is to strum a chord using a movable chord pattern... third position C, etc. When you have all four strings being touched by your fretting fingers, the instant you strum and get a clear tone to all four string, lift your fretting fingers off the fretboard, but keep them in touch with the strings, thus quickly muting the chord. Leave the chord unable to resonate or fade naturally.

Another way to chuck is to palm mute the strings with your strumming hand just after you strum the clear chord. This also works on chords that use open strings.

5. This is the video that helped me.

or Sign Up to reply!