What to do when you don't know what to learn next?

1. 6 years ago

Hello, I am new here and I have been playing ukulele for a few months now. I guess I would say I am at an intermediate level. I am self taught because lessons are far too expensive. I am not just looking for another song to learn I want to be able to play a song by ear without having to look up tabs and chords. What would you recommend?

2. How is your music theory? Are you comfortable with the cycle? (Often called the circle, the circle of fifths, or the circle of fourths.) Most music follows the circle for a while, then restarts somewhere else on it. Once you know the circle, picking your way around new tunes makes sense. Find the key, then follow the circle.

-image-

3. My personal ''by ear'' goals for challenging songs are the Superman Theme by John Williams or the Barn Dance song from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Im looking forward to arranging both for the Uke!

4. 5 years ago

when i blank out on what to learn next, i come here...

i tab out the songs i've leaned how to play and submit them in the tabs section (check them out! )

then i check out music new releases on the interWeb (YouTube and iTunes usually) and try to learn them

or Sign Up to reply!