What are your ukulele goals?

1. 6 years ago

What are your ukulele goals? For example - what fancy things do you really want to be able to do? What are things you think makes someone a spectacular ukulele player? What's something you've seen other uke-ists do and desperately envy (e.g. seeing someone play whilst riding a unicycle... ). I'm really looking for something to work toward, other than just studying theory....

2. Hmm that's a good question.
    I'd like to be able to master tabs, like complex tabs, not the easy ones.
    And there's some tough ones out there.

As for like the literal uke, I'd like to get a tenor uke eventually.

3. Play strum patterns and sing at the same time XD

4. I only have two goals:

1) enjoy myself
    &
    2) continued, sustained gradual improvement

Not sure where that will lead, but it should be a fun journey

5. "thechibitree" Play strum patterns and sing at the same time XD

Hahaha you'll get there, don't worry!

6. My goal is to be able to make my own arrangements for the uke (classical, movie scores, or original). and Id love to be able to pick better (which i know comes with time).

But once im able to arrange and smoothly play the 'Barn Dance' from the movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, ill know ive actually ''made it''

7. 2 weeks ago

I want to be able to play lead guitar parts on my steel string tenor ukulele in a live band. I need a way to convert guitar tab lines to ukulele tab lines to make that happen. A way to transpose tab lines would be great too. I am trying to play rhythm but I am missing that E and A string and a few frets to be able to play rhythm on certain songs even with a baritone.

or Sign Up to reply!