Favorite Song to Play

1. 7 years ago

I just figured out a Pink Floyd song that is my favorite song to play on guitar. It was originally written in Open C tuning, so it flipped over onto the ukulele really well. It is the song "Fearless" off of the album Meddle. I loved playing it on guitar, and now I know it on my ukulele too. I might still like it better on acoustic guitar, but it works well on the ukulele. I am going to go play it some more now. Here's a link to the tab:

http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/uke-songs/pink-floyd/fearless-uke-tab-24561.html

What is your favorite song to play on the ukulele? Post a link to the tab on this site.

2. yukisai

21 Sep 2012 Moderator

A very funny and easy song to play
    http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/uke-songs/j ... 23254.html
    All my friends immediately recognize the song when I start to play it and they sing along

3. i like playing blue by big bang.

4. ANY song my Bruno Mars

5. 6 years ago

Something by the Beatles and Blackbird, also by the Beatles. XD I play those songs so often I don't even have to look at the strings.

6. any song by Radiohead, but especially "No Suprises" with an 8th fret capo

7. "JennyWho" any song by Radiohead, but especially "No Suprises" with an 8th fret capo

That does not leave you many frets to work with on your average uke

8. Can't help falling in love with you by Elvis, or Geek in the Pink by Jason Mraz

9. "Cocaine Blues" by Townes Van Zandt has always been my favourite, even though it's originally a Hoyt Axton tunes. Great simple little song to play

10. thongar

5 Dec 2012 Moderator

All I Want - Kodaline!

11. I am currently obsessed with Prairie Lullaby, with all but the intro played as a waltz. I think my poor husband with scream if he hears it again!

12. Stairway to heaven from Led Zeppelin is wonderful! I think that's the greatest arpeggios of the history of the music, expecially the rock music.

13. Anything new, and especially music that either sounds really good on ukulele, eg; Simon and Garfunkel.

I also like music that is unexpected from ukulele palyers, like metallica and black sabbath.

14. ALL SONGS!!

15. "VeronaUke" Stairway to heaven from Led Zeppelin is wonderful! I think that's the greatest arpeggios of the history of the music, expecially the rock music.

song wasn't even written by Led Zepplin

16. 5 years ago

"DrDetroit"

"VeronaUke" Stairway to heaven from Led Zeppelin is wonderful! I think that's the greatest arpeggios of the history of the music, expecially the rock music.

song wasn't even written by Led Zepplin

In our universe, it was definitely written by Led Zeppelin, unless you mean the resemblance to the song "Taurus" by Spirit (although for me it's not close enough to call it plagiarism).

Back to the topic: so far my favorites songs for uke are "Let It Go" from "Frozen" and "Gloomy Sunday".

17. Right now I'm having fun butchering.... errr... I mean playing Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini.

or Sign Up to reply!