First & Last Movie That Truly Scared You?

1. 7 years ago

Don't forget to include why it scared you!!!

My first (besides the creepy flying monkeys chasing Dorthy & friends scene in The Wizard of Oz) was Jurassic Park.

I saw Aliens and Predator but since they were in space and a jungle I rationalized it could never happen to me (and yes thats how my 7 year old mind worked). But when the raptors in JP figured out how to work a doorknob that scared the mess outta me, and even more so when they started tryna kill the kids. Plus they were waaaay too good at problem solving!

The last movie that scared me to death was Apollo 18 (and I know many didn't find that scary at all). But when I saw it I was in a theater with two other friends and no one else! Plus the motion camera kept me anxious the entire movie. Not to mention the creepy 'possession' part of the plot.

Thats my two cents!

2. thongar

9 Sep 2012 Moderator

I can't exactly remember, but I think the last movie that actually scared me was 'The Omen'. I was mainly scared of it cos of the imagery. I used to love horror movies, and then seeing all the scary-looking figures started 'imprinting' into my mind and freak me out. I'd also have nightmares - so I stopped watching horrors. And I think the first movie would be 'The Ring'. Those movies are slightly similar. And again, that one scared me because of the imagery. I also had a weird dream where the girl from The Ring was following me, and I tried to 'wake up', and I was in my room - but then I saw her figure sitting on a chair in my room (I wasn't awake yet :<), and then I woke up (properly) again. Yep.

3. Lots of movies have startled me, but truly scary is another matter. The Exorcist and The Shining are the only ones that ever really scared me.

4. I don't exactly remember, but I do know that Jurassic Park scared me too. I still don't like watching it!
    Jeepers Creepers 1&amp;2 are horrifying!
    The Shining didn't creep me out as much as I thought it would!

5. "thongar" I can't exactly remember, but I think the last movie that actually scared me was 'The Omen'. I was mainly scared of it cos of the imagery. I used to love horror movies, and then seeing all the scary-looking figures started 'imprinting' into my mind and freak me out. I'd also have nightmares - so I stopped watching horrors. And I think the first movie would be 'The Ring'. Those movies are slightly similar. And again, that one scared me because of the imagery. I also had a weird dream where the girl from The Ring was following me, and I tried to 'wake up', and I was in my room - but then I saw her figure sitting on a chair in my room (I wasn't awake yet :<), and then I woke up (properly) again. Yep.

Wow just reading that creeped me out! But then again, Im a coward when it comes to movies!

6. Juno.

Scariest horror movie I've ever seen!

7. thongar

10 Sep 2012 Moderator

"shugabella" Wow just reading that creeped me out! But then again, Im a coward when it comes to movies!

Haha, we're in the same boat!

8. "pootsie" Lots of movies have startled me, but truly scary is another matter. The Exorcist and The Shining are the only ones that ever really scared me.

I second this!

9. "pootsie" Lots of movies have startled me, but truly scary is another matter. The Exorcist and The Shining are the only ones that ever really scared me.

I haven't seen The Exorcist (don't plan to by the way) but I have seen The Shining. I actually didn't find The Shining all that scary. Which surprises me because I'm quite the wimp when it comes to creepy movies.

or Sign Up to reply!