Creating Tabs

1. 6 years ago

How much time have you spent creating tabs on this site? I will set out to learn a song and most of what I learn isn't on here. I then have to figure it out on my own. Once I get it down, I try to post a tab of it. I just spent half an hour putting up the Wall of Voodoo song Mexican Radio. I have 19 tabs up, and some of them took longer to put up, so I figure I've spent more than ten hours collectively putting up tabs.

(P.S. Rate my Mexican Radio tab please!)
    http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/uke-songs/wall-of-voodoo/mexican-radio-uke-tab-24388.html

2. I posted some tabs a while ago but I haven't done any recently. Thats because usually my tabs are ''my interpretation'' of a song and I assume that people wouldn't understand how its supposed to sound without audio or a video to hear how I play it. I'm able to tab a song a lot faster than I'm able to play it smoothly thru...
    But i'm gonna try to do more soon.

3. thongar

7 Sep 2012 Moderator

If I'm just writing out chords, (depending on how well I know the song and whether the chords are "easy") I'll spend from 10 minutes up to 2 hours to do it. If I'm figuring out the tab with little bits and pieces and several notes, it'll take me about 1-2 hours+. Yep, 2 hours. I like to try to get my tabs as accurate as possible to the song, with maybe a bit of my interpretation.

or Sign Up to reply!