Music

1. 7 years ago

Though we could share some music. What's your all-time favorite band?

2. Probably the Beatles. Ironically, I'm never in the mood to listen to them because I was obsessed with their music up until I was like 10.

3. Lemme think. Aquabats, The Protomen, silly things like Hammerfall and Rhapsody of Fire... Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Dave Graney and the Coral Snakes, Anais Mitchell and Ani Di Franco (Hadestown, specifically). Mojo Juju and the Snake Oil Merchants, Juke Baritone. The Decemberists. Gosh, I can't choose!

Pretty varied, all in all. Maybe people should post some of their favourite songs to go with the bands?

4. That questions waaay to hard! I don't have one. I go thru months where im obsessed with a certain band or get re-obsessed with a band i already like. but i like to much random music to say I love one more than the other. Who could really accurately compare Nine Inch Nails to Amos Lee, or Mumford and Sons to Queen?

5. thongar

7 Sep 2012 Moderator

As Tall As Lions is definitely my all time favourite band.

6. Something Involving A Monkey!

I hate most of the other bands I was in.

7. "BeZo" I hate most of the other bands I was in.

why? What was wrong with them?

8. CHAMELEON CIRCUIT FTW!

9. "shugabella"

"BeZo" I hate most of the other bands I was in.

why? What was wrong with them?

Most of the bands that I started or had a creative stake in fell apart or never really got off the ground. The last few bands I was in were bands that already existed that needed a member. It isn't anywhere near as satisfying to join a band and play someone else's music as it is to write and perform your own.

Don't get me wrong, I had fun doing the other bands. I played some big shows, made some money, and had a lot of fun doing it. But, eventually you get sick of playing their songs and want to write something different. I decided that I'm done playing bass for regular metal bands. I needed to do something I can groove and actually play bass to. Enter Something Involving A Monkey.

10. "BeZo" But, eventually you get sick of playing their songs and want to write something different. I decided that I'm done playing bass for regular metal bands. I needed to do something I can groove and actually play bass to. Enter Something Involving A Monkey.

Well, im glad you found your perfect fit band-wise! From the video (the one with the electric kazoo) you posted, i'd say you can definitely groove to SIAM!

11. "Molto bene" CHAMELEON CIRCUIT FTW!

But actually no, probably Rush, a band from the '80's (I think) that are still around and rockin'!
    Going to one of their concerts for like the seventh time!
    Can't wait!

or Sign Up to reply!