1. 7 years ago

I don't know if you've heard of it (it's kind of self-explainatory) but it's pretty much a banjo with 4 strings! It sounds like a banjo but its chords are similar to the ukulele. So, basically, COOLEST INSTRUMENT EVAR! I WANT ONE!

2. Sweet, did you ever see one?

3. The banjolele or banjo uke was the great George Formby's instrument of choice.

Here's a guy who can rock the banjo uke on stage or in his car:

4. These are slick and alot of fun to play.

5. I've always wanted one, but they're pretty expensive from what I've seen.

6. "ukebeast17" Sweet, did you ever see one?

Yeah I have. My math teacher had one. He also played the banjo and the ukulele. So having a banjolele kind of worked for him.

7. "Joberst" I've always wanted one, but they're pretty expensive from what I've seen.

In my city, you can't even buy one. They don't sell it anywhere. So darn! But of course the money issue stinks!
    Oh well

8. "pootsie"

The banjolele or banjo uke was the great George Formby's instrument of choice.

Here's a guy who can rock the banjo uke on stage or in his car:

Thanks for sharing this! This guy sort of reminds me of John Green!

9. 5 years ago

"Molto bene"

"Joberst" I've always wanted one, but they're pretty expensive from what I've seen.

In my city, you can't even buy one. They don't sell it anywhere. So darn! But of course the money issue stinks!
    Oh well

I actually found one this weekend at the local Sam Ash. It was a soprano size, I don't remember the name, but it was $329.

I've also seen them on Amazon. They have a few different brands, the one I can remember was Oscar Schmidt which was around $279. They got so-so reviews, so I'm not certain about them.

10. My "Ever-Loving" is threatening to buy one .
    Haven't told her yet . At our gig this morning , I had a bit of a play with one .
    Yeppers , I played th chorus "Oh Susannah" , yep , sounded good , if I don't say so myself.
    But I like my Uke more.
    Rick.

11. There are even cooler ukulele hybrid instruments, too!!!!

http://ukulelehybrids.com/

12. 3 years ago

I have (briefly) played a banjolele, and while the sound is INCREDIBLE, it is so heavy!

13. I love banjoleles. I have not found one I like.

Cynthia Lin does some nice things with one.

I want one! I love the sound.

14. I'd like to have one of everything, banjolele, mandolele, harp ukulele and every size and shape of ukulele I can find. I want a Dean ML, Pineapple, Flying V, Gibson, Fender, Resonator and any other weird shape I can find. If there is a double or triple neck I want one of those too!

15. I wanted a banjolele and couldnt afford one. So I built one. Which was a piece of junk. So I built another one. Which was slightly better. Then another one. On my fifth attempt I built a banjolele that I am quite happy with. There are a few secrets to learn about them, such as how to sort out the scale length, tambourine size (yes its pretty much just a tambourine with a neck attached to it) and string selection.
    I was quite disappointed after I finished building my banjolele, because now I had nothing to build. So over a period of time I built a black flying v ukulele with a piezo pickup, a green stratocaster, a black explorer with a high output humbucker and steel strings, a tin can ukulele (or two) and am now half way through a dean ml build. I get bored easily; after I have worked out how to do something I quickly become disinterested in it- its like climbing the same mountain twice. With uke builds though they can be as complex as you want them to be; there are all sorts of things to consider such as instrument playability and dynamics, size, electronics, wood selection, paint choice and application and end use.
    Check out this page: https://circuitsandstrings.wordpress.com/2013/09/28/wave-electric-ukulele/

16. Deleted 3 years ago by Doctordendro
  17. You are the one that builds all those? I have watched all the videos.

18. Hey, no they arent mine. I have followed Daniel for a couple of years now. He has gone into acoustic instruments where I have stayed with electric. There is another dude who calls himself king uke who has built a couple.
    They are worth the time to build - if you have the time. You will likely stuff up the first few (as I did) because you are a beginner (just like anything). I will try to upload a photo.

19. Deleted 3 years ago by Doctordendro
  20. [attachment:57804798c683a]

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!