How is the Mandolin Workin Out?

1. 7 years ago

Anyone play the Mandolin here? I tried them out at Sam Ash and they are really cool! Any players?

2. [deleted]

22 Aug 2012

I like the sound and looks from it, especially the Gibson Firebird. But the neck is to small, I just could not find a way to enjoy playing on it.

3. I actually just sold one last week. I bought it 4 months ago and literally played it the day I bought it and that was the only time I ever picked it up. I just could not get into it for whatever reason but I definitely think what cowgod said is right on target, the neck is really tough to work with. I actually think its harder than going from a bass guitar to a Soprano Uke! They do have a beautiful sound if played right but the mando couldnt hold my attention at all unfortunately

4. My sister has an epiphone. I've tried it out and learned 2 chords. The action feels really low, yet it still takes some effort to push down each string. But i'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or if it just wasn't set up right.

5. When I tried some out I had the same problem

6. I want one! I'm hoping to get either a mandolin or a xylophone! Two completely different things but I still wanna try 'em both out! Still a uke person though!

7. i play, but the only song i enjoy playing on it is winter winds by mumford and sons

or Sign Up to reply!