Kamoa brand

1. 7 years ago

So I'm a guitar and piano player from New York who fairly recently visited Hawaii for the first time. Since I've always liked music and instruments, I knew I needed to get my hands on a ukulele. I shopped around at several different ukulele stores on the beautiful island of Kaua'i, each of which claimed to be the best place to buy a uke. Then I stumbled across Larry's Music. The store owner is the mother of the guy who created this brand after hand-carving his first uke at age 16. He, now in his late twenties, runs the island's other Larry's Music, and both stores sell his brand of ukes.

The brand is called Kamoa. Built in Hawaii, these are by far the best ukuleles I played in my time there, and that was while I was in the ukulele home and ukulele capital of the world.

Seriously. If you guys are looking for a new ukulele, Kamoa is an awesome brand to check out. None of the other ones I tried came close in sound quality until the price went up about fivefold. Kamoa instruments are really the only good ukuleles I found for a price under three hundred dollars, which is what a beginner wants to spend. They play beautifully, and they look good too. Plus, they come in all the six sizes that there are. And they have electric ones too, one of which I'm probably gonna get this holiday season. And, their more expensive instruments (the ones made of Hawaiian "Koa" wood start at like fifteen hundred dollars) look beautiful and, according to what reviews are out there on the internet, are the world standard for professional ukuleles.

I am not at all affiliated with the brand of Kamoa. I'm just another ukulele-playing guy who happened to get his first uke in the place where they came from, hawaii, and was lucky enough to find an awesome brand before buying one I wouldn't have ended up liking nearly as much. Don't even just take my word for it, look around. It's a great brand and my ukulele, costing just $159, plays like a pro instrument.

So if you need to get a new uke, check out Kamoa brand. The lady told me they have a website, though i haven't actually checked it out myself

Happy ukeing!

2. P.S.

The pineapple size/shape of ukulele (whether from Kamoa or not) is my favorite

Check it out

3. Kamoa makes nice ukes, but only the Kaua'i built line are actually built in Hawaii, the balance of their ukes are imports. They are still a terrific value.

4. THANKS ALOT! Now I have a new uke that will make me giggle like a girl! These things are GORGEOUS! Jerks!

5. Why are we jerks?

6. "fishdog" Why are we jerks?

You made my want list even bigger. You aren't jerks.

7. 6 months ago

Interesting, I've never heard of this brand but I'll have to check it out...

or Sign Up to reply!