Post a Reply

What Inspired You to Play Uke?

1. 3 years ago

Several things. I played Uke as a teenager, and learned from an Arthur Godfrey book. I stopped playing for 40 years.

I saw Petty Booka playing "Sophisticated Hula" on Ghoul A Go Go, a cool retro public access kids show.

Last year, a man at a old time baseball ga,e pulled one out and started playing.

There's a ukulele store about 4 miles from my house, and I got it in my head I wanted to play again. That was about a year ago, and it's been a great adventure ever since. Not only did I get an therapeutic instrument, get to sing again, I got a new social circle.

Highly recommended!

2. 2 years ago

I wanted to start to push my brain.. as an "older" person, I know it is important to keep the brain active. I took up guitar and tried to play for over 6 months. Got frustrated and stopped. Someone told me Uke is quicker to learn. My girlfriend surprised me with one for Christmas and I haven't put it down since. I can actually play music with this little instrument! Taking lessons and having fun...So happy I didn't give up.