words are x’d out??

1. 8 months ago

this is for the app:
    btw- i have an iphone 6

i’m logged in and the words are still getting replaced with x’s. this is a fairly recent problem. usually logging in and out would help, but that doesn’t work anymore. going in and fixing words manually is a pain, especially if i don’t know the words by heart.

pls help!!

2. JaxX

25 Feb 2019 Moderator

Did you move to a different country?

3. @JaxX Did you move to a different country?

no

4. JaxX

4 Mar 2019 Moderator

That's weird. It is supposed to have something to do with your location.
    My guess is that your new assigned IP is wrongly detected as located in a geo-restricted country. The opposite could be true too: you were lucky in the first place.
    Sorry, I can't tell much more, i don't which countries are geo-restricted.

5. UT

6 Mar 2019 Administrator

Where do you live?

6. @UT Where do you live?

United States

7. UT

11 Mar 2019 Administrator
    Edited 8 months ago by UT

And you're logged in when this happens, right?

8. @UT And you're logged in when this happens, right?

yes. i log out and log back in, even, and it’s still x’d out.

9. UT

12 Mar 2019 Administrator

Can you try again? We updated our Geo filter. Thanks.

10. @UT Can you try again? We updated our Geo filter. Thanks.

still not working :-(

11. UT

18 Mar 2019 Administrator

sorry about that.
    What country does this tool show?: https://www.ip-address.org/

12. @UT sorry about that.
    What country does this tool show?: https://www.ip-address.org/

United States

13. 7 months ago

I am having the same issue, too, on my iPad Pro, but I don’t have this issue on my iPhone. I am in the USA (haven’t been out of the country).

Thanks.

14. @fluid this is for the app:
    btw- i have an iphone 6

i’m logged in and the words are still getting replaced with x’s. this is a fairly recent problem. usually logging in and out would help, but that doesn’t work anymore. going in and fixing words manually is a pain, especially if i don’t know the words by heart.

pls help!!

Hey! I think this has something to do with the fact that lyrics may be repeated in the songs you are viewing? If this is applicable to you, then it is normal.

15. There are no lyric lines that are not x’d out. It’s not repeating.

There are songs that do not have that issue, others that do.

16. One more point - this evening I was looking up a song on the iPad (“Me and Magdalena”) using the search. I was able to read the words. Then I put the iPad to sleep. When I woke up, some of the words were X’d out. Just strange.

17. Figured it out. It is the IP address. When I look at things from work, no issues. When I look at them from home, the words are greeked (x’d). I think whatever code is checking the locale is not handling Comcast IP addresses properly.

And my phone worked because I turned off WiFi and was using cellular instead.

or Sign Up to reply!