Any uke players here with eating disorders?

1. last year

I started playing to distract myself when I first started treatment :) Do you find playing ukulele to ease your ed/ bad thoughts about yourself? :) Also, what songs ease your feelings around your recovery/ your ed in general?

2. I started playing ukulele for medical reasons, in particular, to help with memory and focus problems related to inflammation and allergies. I guess in a weird way it has to do with eating because damage to the gut lining is responsible for the development of allergies and autoimmune disorders.

I don't have bad thoughts about me. I get stressed, anxious and angry with others and situations. Playing the uke helps with that as well as my memory. It is a great coping strategy. I play Roll With The Changes and Time For Me To Fly both by REO Speedwagon, Not Fragile by BTO, Mother Freedom by Bread, LOLA by The Kinks. Tonight I was pretty mad, ate three organic brownies I probably should not have eaten and worked out most of Iron Man by Black Sabbath except for the two lead parts. If it keeps up I think I'm going to work on a half dozen ACDC songs. It's a good way to work out frustrations.

3. My sister is doing the same to at least relieve her stress from her allergies. She also focuses on playing the ukulele.

or Sign Up to reply!