How do I submit a ukulele tab?

1. 2 years ago

I'm trying to submit a song to the website but I'm not sure how to do it. I already went to submit ukulele tab and the thing showed up but I'm not sure what to do from there. Please help me someone.

Hello,

First off, please read each note beside every box you are supposed to fill in so you know what is appropriate to enter into each box.

Once you click new tab the next step is selecting an artist. In the FIRST box click on the black down arrow to the right of the words "please select" to access a drop down menu. Place your cursor over the dark rectangle to the right to pull it up and down by left clicking on your mouse or touchpad. Once you get the right name highlighted then click on it and it should fill in the artist.

If you can't find the artist then you have to add them by typing in the name in the SECOND box below.

Type in the appropriate song title into the THIRD box, NOTHING MORE.

The FOURTH box is left normal unless you know you transposed it into another key than the one it was originally written.

The FIFTH box is where you type in or copy and paste the song. I try to follow a bit of an order which includes INTRO: CHORUS: BRIDGE: OUTRO: with spaces left in between each of those and the individual verses. I don't always label a verse if spaces will do. I try to clean up all spelling and punctuation errors. I try to place chords where they should change in the line above the lyrics right over the syllable where it changes. Chords go directly above lines of lyrics. If you are submitting tabs which require lines there is a link you click under this fifth box to make tab lines. You may have to "scroll" or move the gray box up and down with your cursor and mouse button to see it. You may want to clean up extra spaces if you have accidentally made them. Keep in mind this box is only so big so if you make the lyric lines too long it will make it hard to play because people will have to stop and scroll back and forth to reveal words, chords or tabs. I also try to straighten out any tab lines so they all look even when I am done.

Next, there is a set of three vertical radio buttons under the word type. You will need to select if your song is made up of chords only, tabs only or a mixture of the two. Use your cursor and left mouse button to select the appropriate choice.

The SIXTH box is where you click on the black arrow to reveal a drop down menu so you can highlight if you are submitting a whole song or if only a part, which part you are submitting. Highlight the appropriate choice and click to add.

The SEVENTH box is where you click the black arrow to reveal a menu where you highlight and click to add the type of ukulele you are either playing or if you are specifically submitting a song for a particular size or type of ukulele. If you click soprano every other type of ukulele can most likely play the song with the exception of the baritone or bass which are tuned differently.

Double check all your work to see if it looks right.

Read the Terms Of Use and check the box.

Click the submit button.

If you added a new artist you will be asked at this time to validate them, so click the appropriate artist in the list.

You should then receive a brief thank-you for submitting your tab.

If you go to the main site and click on the turquoise box with the gold flower it will take you to the home page where you can look at the list of the most current latest tabs and you should see your addition at the very top. You can also click on the turquoise icon on the upper right that looks like a chess pawn and a menu will drop down so you can click on your contributions and look at it that way also.

I hope this helps.

2. Hello,

First off, please read each note beside every box you are supposed to fill in so you know what is appropriate to enter into each box.

Once you click new tab the next step is selecting an artist. In the FIRST box click on the black down arrow to the right of the words "please select" to access a drop down menu. Place your cursor over the dark rectangle to the right to pull it up and down by left clicking on your mouse or touchpad. Once you get the right name highlighted then click on it and it should fill in the artist.

If you can't find the artist then you have to add them by typing in the name in the SECOND box below.

Type in the appropriate song title into the THIRD box, NOTHING MORE.

The FOURTH box is left normal unless you know you transposed it into another key than the one it was originally written.

The FIFTH box is where you type in or copy and paste the song. I try to follow a bit of an order which includes INTRO: CHORUS: BRIDGE: OUTRO: with spaces left in between each of those and the individual verses. I don't always label a verse if spaces will do. I try to clean up all spelling and punctuation errors. I try to place chords where they should change in the line above the lyrics right over the syllable where it changes. Chords go directly above lines of lyrics. If you are submitting tabs which require lines there is a link you click under this fifth box to make tab lines. You may have to "scroll" or move the gray box up and down with your cursor and mouse button to see it. You may want to clean up extra spaces if you have accidentally made them. Keep in mind this box is only so big so if you make the lyric lines too long it will make it hard to play because people will have to stop and scroll back and forth to reveal words, chords or tabs. I also try to straighten out any tab lines so they all look even when I am done.

Next, there is a set of three vertical radio buttons under the word type. You will need to select if your song is made up of chords only, tabs only or a mixture of the two. Use your cursor and left mouse button to select the appropriate choice.

The SIXTH box is where you click on the black arrow to reveal a drop down menu so you can highlight if you are submitting a whole song or if only a part, which part you are submitting. Highlight the appropriate choice and click to add.

The SEVENTH box is where you click the black arrow to reveal a menu where you highlight and click to add the type of ukulele you are either playing or if you are specifically submitting a song for a particular size or type of ukulele. If you click soprano every other type of ukulele can most likely play the song with the exception of the baritone or bass which are tuned differently.

Double check all your work to see if it looks right.

Read the Terms Of Use and check the box.

Click the submit button.

If you added a new artist you will be asked at this time to validate them, so click the appropriate artist in the list.

You should then receive a brief thank-you for submitting your tab.

If you go to the main site and click on the turquoise box with the gold flower it will take you to the home page where you can look at the list of the most current latest tabs and you should see your addition at the very top. You can also click on the turquoise icon on the upper right that looks like a chess pawn and a menu will drop down so you can click on your contributions and look at it that way also.

I hope this helps.

3. 2 months ago
    Deleted 2 months ago by JaxX

or Sign Up to reply!